October 6-22, 1999 | Hopkins Hall Gallery and Corridor
The Ohio State University | College of the Arts
East Asian Studies Center
[Contains: the project, events schedule, online gallery, University of
Westminster Archive, SoFa Gallery, related links, what's new, contact]
(School of Fine Arts Gallery, Indiana University, USA)
[UPDATE: THE LINK FOR THIS PAGE IS NO LONGER VALID]
CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF DEMOCRACY
(U of Westminster, London)
*Please note: Not all of the images contained within our Online Exhibition sections are copyrighted property of The Huntington Archive. We may be unable to grant permission to use all requested images.
is a travelling exhibit that originated at Indiana University and makes use of a unique collection of posters held at the Centre for the Study of Democracy University of Westminster, London.
(This exhibition represents approximately 10% of the total poster collection.)
The posters in this exhibition were selected by Harriet Evans, Senior Lecturer in Chinese Studies, University of Westminster, London, and Jeffrey Wasserstrom, Associate Professor of History, Indiana University.
OSU Exhibition and related programming organized by Prudence Y. Gill, Julia F. Andrews, and Xiao-mei Chen. Contextual graphics for the OSU exhibition by Leah L. Wang.
Credits for the Exhibition
& Indiana Installation:
- Original Idea and Overall Coordination: Harriet Evans and Jeffrey N. Wasserstrom
- Art Curators: Betsy Stirratt and Ben Pond
- Soundtrack: Barbara Mittler and Sue Tuohy - CD production, Peter Alyea
- Video: David Carnochan, John Fenn, and Sue Tuohy
- Didactics: Anna Johnston and Sarah Stevens (with assistance from Doug Padgett and Lauran Hartley)
- Indiana Websites and Publicity: Axel Barcelo, Mary Ann Koruth, and Beth Kuzmic
- Consultants: Julia Andrews, Stephanie Donald, Jason Lewis, Michael Schoenhals, and Liana Zhou
- Main Sponsors: East Asian Studies Center and Henry Radford Hope School of Fine Arts, Indiana University; Centre for the Study of Democracy, University of Westminster; Henry Luce Foundation
This online exhibition was created by The Huntington Archive, College of the Arts, The Ohio State University.
For further information about this exhibition and the Chinese poster collection of the Center for the Study of Democracy, University of Westminster, see:
China Posters Online and The University of Westminister's Chinese Poster Collection.